You are here: Home » News » Industry News » A Brief Introduction To The Use Of SEPPE Calcined Bauxite

A Brief Introduction To The Use Of SEPPE Calcined Bauxite

Views: 201     Author: SEPPE     Publish Time: 2023-06-12      Origin: related online excerpts

Bauxite is the primary source of metallurgical-grade alumina, used to make aluminium metal, and non-metallurgical alumina, used in a range of industrial applications.

About 80-85% of bauxite mined is processed via the Bayer Process to make alumina trihydrate (ATH), then smelter grade alumina (SGA), from which aluminium metal is derived.The remaining 10-15% of crude bauxite is used to produce a range of non-metallurgical bauxite grades and non-metallurgical alumina grades.

The main applications for non-metallurgical bauxites are refractories, abrasives, high aluminium cements, aluminium chemicals and activated bauxite and alumina.Other uses include filters and pigments for plastics and elastomers; special calcined aluminas for ceramics, refractories, abrasives, soft-burned calcined aluminas, hard-burned calcined aluminas for alumina cements, calcium-aluminate cements and mineral wool.

There are three main grades of non-metallurgical bauxite.

Abrasive-grade bauxite, used to produce abrasives;

Chemical-grade bauxite, used to produce aluminium chemicals; 

Refractory-grade bauxite, used to produce high alumina refractories.

Related Products

Links:  SGA GARNET
Copyright © 2017-2022 SEPPE TECHNOLOGIES  All rights reserved. 豫ICP备16021749号-1